[Paraview] compiling master from git, problem on debian machine

Ricardo Reis rreis at aero.ist.utl.pt
Fri Feb 11 14:00:19 EST 2011

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011, Robert Maynard wrote:

> It looks like you need to install the mpi headers for the version of mpi you
> have installed on your machine.

I have them. I regularly compile mpi programs on these machines, either my
own or from third parties...

I have checked, this directory is given in CMAKE has the MPI INCLUDE dir

/usr/lib/openmpi/include

and ls'ing its contents...

2011.02.11 18:56:29
rreis at umdrum: ~/tmp/src/paraview/ParaView.build
5022.0 $ ls /usr/lib/openmpi/include
mpif-common.h  mpif-config.h  mpif.h  mpif-mpi-io.h  mpi.h  openmpi  vampirtrace

althougth from the log you see

/home/rreis/tmp/src/paraview/ParaView/VTK/Utilities/mrmpi/src/mapreduce.cpp:14:17: error: mpi.h: No such file or directory

so it's cmake or paraview that are looking for the files in the wrong
place or the INCLUDE is not done properly.

shouldn't it try to compile it with mpicxx maybe? (I'm shooting in the
dark, don't know if this particular part is being compiled with mpicxx
or mpic++ or just c++ (which would lead you to g++ in my system)

thanks for the sugestion but that is not the problem...

  Ricardo Reis

  'Non Serviam'

  PhD candidate @ Lasef
  Computational Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Computing, Turbulence
  http://www.lasef.ist.utl.pt

  Cultural Instigator @ Rádio Zero
  http://www.radiozero.pt

  http://www.flickr.com/photos/rreis/