[Paraview] pvserver disconnecting...

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Fri Feb 11 12:55:09 EST 2011

Actually, it may be leaking display properties. Try:

Delete(dp)

The best thing to do in scripts is to be consistent in whether you use
the simple or the servermanager to create objects. If you use the
simple module, make sure you call Delete(). If you are using
servermanager, you don't have to call Delete().

I think that this goes for the display properties. As soon as you call
Show() or GetDisplayProperties(), the simple module will create a
representation object and register it with what is called the proxy
manager. By the way, calling Initialize() on the view is a bad idea.
It doesn't do what you think it does. Do this:

for infile in glob.glob( os.path.join(path, '*.vtk') ):
     print "Input file: " + infile

     # read the vtk file
     reader = LegacyVTKReader(FileNames=infile)
     Show(reader)
     dp = GetDisplayProperties(reader)

     # Create LUT
     dp.LookupTable = MakeBlueToRedLT(0, 1)

     # Set array to color by the model
     dp.ColorAttributeType = 'POINT_DATA'
     dp.ColorArrayName = 'Model'
     servermanager.createModule("piecewise_functions", servermanager.rendering)

     # Setup opacity function
     opacity_func = servermanager.rendering.PiecewiseFunction()
     opacity_func.Points = [0, 0, 1, 0.5]
     dp.ScalarOpacityFunction = opacity_func
     dp.Representation = 'Volume'

     view0 = GetActiveView()
     view0.Background =[0.57,0.61,0.77]

     # Set the camera and view options, etc
     view0.OrientationAxesVisibility=1
     view0.CenterAxesVisibility=1
     view0.ViewSize=[632,632]
     view0.CameraPosition = [430,420,310]
     view0.CameraFocalPoint = [-135,-125,-20]
     view0.CameraViewUp = [-0.26,-0.29,0.92]

     # Render
     Render()

     # write out the png file
     new=infile.replace('.vtk','.png')  # use orig filename for png filename
     print "Output file: " + new
     WriteImage(new, view0)

     view0.Representations = []
     Delete(dp)