[Paraview] Remote Rendering problems

Moore, Branden J (GE Global Research) mooreb at research.ge.com
Fri Feb 11 10:40:30 EST 2011

Hello,

  I'm seeing that an issue with remote rendering, both with ParaView 3.8.1
as well as the new 3.10.0-rc1.  The issue is a minor annoyance with 3.8.1,
but with 3.10.0-rc1, remote rendering is completely unusable for me.  Please
see the attached screenshots.

pv-local.png shows a dataset as it "should" look.  I see this view whenever
I'm running "locally", without connecting to a pvserver instance.  I also
see this view when my data size is less than the "Remote Render Threshold"
setting amount.  If I use a pvserver (running either on my local host, or a
remote server), as soon as the remote renderer is engaged, the view is no
longer "crisp" and the colors become saturated (in the case of 3.8.1), or
becomes just a green screen (3.10.0-rc1).

This happens with both Win32 and Linux builds, both downloaded binaries and
self-compiled (on Linux, at least).

Has anybody else seen this?  What can I do to help track down what is
causing this issue?

Thanks,
Branden

--