[Paraview] extract location of minimum

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Feb 10 13:00:13 EST 2011

The min max filter unfortunately doesn't keep track of which tuple and
processor it found the min in so you can't get back to the particular
point or cell it came from.

Instead of using fetch and minmax, try using a values selection. Set
the value to be that minimum value. Once you extract the selection and
fetch it to the client, you get a copy of the actuall cell(s)/point(s)
that have the minimum value and you can query them directly for their
spatial location.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer