[Paraview] LIC surface Color by variable lost on Screenshot with offscreen rendering

Richard GRENON richard.grenon at onera.fr
Thu Feb 10 08:01:17 EST 2011

Utkarsh,

I have performed the same screenshot tests on Windows Vista 32 bits with
PV 3.10.0-RC1. No problem. The picture is always as expected, with the
LIC representation being colored by the pressure variable in bot cases,
offscreen rendering checked or unchecked. So the LIC color by variable
seems to be lost only with Linux.

If this may help you, I noticed something on the 3D view on Vista when I
take a screenshot while offscreen rendering is checked: the LIC color by
variable is lost for a short time, each block getting a different solid
color, then the LIC color by variable comes back on the dataset, and the
saved picture is colored by variable as expected. So the problem in
Linux could be some kind of time delay, the picture being saved while
the 3D view is changing to solid color?

Richard

--
 Richard GRENON