[Paraview] LIC surface Color by variable lost on Screenshot with offscreen rendering

Richard GRENON richard.grenon at onera.fr
Wed Feb 9 04:23:46 EST 2011

Hello.

I found a screenshot problem with LIC in PV 3.10.0-RC, but this problem
already existed in PV 3.8.

I have a multiblock surface with a friction vector and a pressure
variable. I color the surface by the pressure variable and I use the LIC
representation with the friction vector.

When I take a screenshot while the option "Use offscreen rendering for
screenshots" is checked (this is the default option), the LIC
representation is OK but the color by the pressure variable is lost, and
each block has a different solid color. If I uncheck the offscreen
rendering, I get the expected screenshot with the LIC representation
colored by the pressure variable.

Following are two screenshots with and without offscreen rendering for a
simple example: the dataset contains two structured blocks in a Tecplot
file for a rectangular wing. The dataset has a pressure variable dCp
from a vortex lattice CFD method, and I used the Calculator filter to
construct a pseudo friction vector (iHat + 0.25*jHat) to be used by the
LIC plugin.

Regards.

--
 Richard GRENON