[Paraview] Multiblock dataset, ghost nodes and problem with rendering contours with opacity

Mohamad M. Nasr-Azadani mmnasr at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 12:30:09 EST 2011

Hey experts,

I am using several *.vtr files (as subblocks of the entire domain) and then
use pvd file to load them in paraview.
As I have read in the manual, one needs to use at least one layer of ghost
nodes on each subblock so that paraview can perform operations on any given
dataset of that kind.
So far, everything is fine. However, the problem that I have is very simple
yet annoying. When I use contours to represent the isosurface and then any
opacity value less than 1.0, I can see the boundaries of each subblock on
the contour surface. I have not been successful to fix this problem yet.
Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Thanks,
Mohamad
PS: Attached, please find one snapshot of the contours + the annoying line
appreaing on the isosurface.