[Paraview] Some tests and questions about PV 3.10.0-RC1

Richard GRENON richard.grenon at onera.fr
Fri Feb 4 04:49:32 EST 2011

Hello, all.

I have just downloaded the PV-3.10.0-RC1 Linux 64 binaries and it works
fine. I Could not find the VisIt plugin in the Tools->Manage plugins
menu, but I suppose it is now fully integrated in PV? However, I was
able to read Tecplot files, and I could also load the LIC plugin.

For all and Adriano Gagliardi: I said in a previous mail that the VisIt
Tecplot reader in Linux PV 3.8.1 was not working on my new CentOS 5.5
workstation. This problem is now solved with PV 3.10.0-RC1: both
proposed Tecplot Readers, Tecplot and Tecplot(VisIt), are working fine.

Now I have just a question about rendering. When I rotate or zoom an
object, the object rendering is coarse as in previous PV versions, but
it remains coarse for a few seconds when I release the mouse, and I see
a countdown in the bottom left of the window: "Full resolution render in
: xx seconds". This is not very important but just a little bit
annoying. Is there a parameter in the settings that could reduce this
rendering time?

Best regards.

--
Richard GRENON