[Paraview] Measurement of area

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Feb 2 12:37:50 EST 2011

Your problem is a bit ill defined.  What happens when a polygon has some points that are 0 and other points that are 1?  Do you include the entire polygon, throw away the polygon, or include some fraction of it?

Regardless, I think the easiest way to solve the problem is to first remove the part of the mesh that does not include the desired feature/points.  Once you do that you can run the Integrate Attributes filter to get the resulting area.

To remove polygons not in class 0, use the threshold filter with the upper threshold set to something lower than 1.  If you want to clip the polygons to use some fraction of polygons containing both class 0 and class 1 points, use the clip filter, set the Clip Type to Scalar, set the Value to something between 0 and 1, and enable Inside Out.

-Ken