[Paraview] pvtr files doesn't work

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Feb 2 12:19:34 EST 2011

Hi Michael,

You are missing this in the pvtr file:

    <PCoordinates>
      <PDataArray type="Float32"/>
    </PCoordinates>

ParaView should have reported an error but there is a bug in the error
handling code and it crashes instead. I'll fix that bug.

By the way, if your final target is to larger datasets, I'd strongly
recommend using the appended binary mode without compression or
encoding. ParaView reads that the fastest. Details on how to write
appended binary are here:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_XML_Formats

Best,
-berk