[Paraview] graphics card in server?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Fri Apr 29 14:18:40 EDT 2011

Yes.

However, to get hardware accleration the server must have a Display so
that it can create a window to get a graphics context. The visible
geometry must be above the remote render threshold setting, or the
geometry will be sent to the client for local rendering. The images
will be rendered on the server and pixels will be delivered to the
client which implies a delay lag.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer