[Paraview] binary VTU format

burlen burlen.loring at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 20:47:17 EDT 2010

  You have to be careful of the terminology because in the world of VTK
XML files "binary" really means base 64 encoded, and "appended not
encoded" means binary. I have used the following two lines in a code in
order to coax the VTK XML writer to write binary:

   w->SetDataModeToAppended();
   w->SetEncodeAppendedData(0);

ParaView has these options in the file->save data menu of you choose the
XML format.