[Paraview] Extracting Data from plot over line

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Tue Sep 28 18:09:54 EDT 2010

Hey Alireza,

If you highlight the PlotOverLine filter in the pipeline, you can just go to File->Save Data and you will be given the choice of many file formats, including CSV, legacy VTK, etc. The output of the filter is a Polygonal Mesh, but with things like the CSV file you could easily load the data into other programs.

If you need to so it from a batch Python script instead of the GUI, then let us know -- I think that should be do-able, too.

-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group