[Paraview] File format for CFD

Bart Janssens bart.janssens at rma.ac.be
Tue Sep 21 16:49:49 EDT 2010

On Wednesday, September 15, 2010 09:40:07 pm Bart Janssens wrote:
> I want to get data from our finite element CFD solver into paraview, so
> I'd  like to write an exporter that writes in the format that is best
> suited and well supported by existing paraview readers. It should be
> possible to read large data sets in parallel, with good performance.

Well, I've been looking through the options some more, and it looks like
Exodus II might be the way to go. If I understand correctly, I can supply an
XML file that will name the different zones in the mesh.

There is a library available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/exodusii/ , is
that the recommended path to write Exodus II files?

Also, I found a reference to the full spec at
http://endo.sandia.gov/SEACAS/Documentation/exodusII.pdf but I get 403
Forbidden on that. Is the spec available from somewhere else, or is it not
meant to be public?

Cheers,

Bart

--