[Paraview] GPU memory tuning

Paul McIntosh paul.mcintosh at internetscooter.com
Mon Sep 20 00:46:56 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I am aware that for GPU volume rendering there is a default setting for
memory that can be changed to suit the GPU card. The following is what we do
(though I know this could be improved with extra effort).

#  change memory request from 128M to 1.5G in Volume Code
# vi $TEMP_BUILD/ParaView/VTK/VolumeRendering/vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper.cxx
#
#   if(this->MaxMemoryInBytes==0) // use some default value: 128MB.
#     {
#     // this->MaxMemoryInBytes=128*1024*1024; // old
#     this->MaxMemoryInBytes=1532*1024*1024;   // new
#     }

Are there any other parts of ParaView/VTK which would benefit from changing
hardcoded values to suit a particular GPU?

Cheers,

Paul
---
www.internetscooter.com