[Paraview] Custom Navigation

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Sun Sep 19 11:16:17 EDT 2010

You can easily access the camera using a plugin. Look at auto-start
plugins (http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Plugin_HowTo#Autostart_Plugins).
In the startup code for the plugin,you can add a slot to observe the
viewChanged() signal from pqActiveObjects singleton. Your slot will
then be called every time the active view changes. To get the camera
from the view, use the following code:

pqView* view = pqActiveObjects::instance()->activeView();
if (view)
  {
  vtkSMRenderViewProxy* proxy =
vtkSMRenderViewProxy::SafeDownCast(view->getProxy());
  if (proxy)
    {
    vtkCamera* camera = proxy->GetActiveCamera();
    }
  }

Utkarsh