[Paraview] Advice on graphics cards

Dave Partyka dave.partyka at kitware.com
Wed Sep 1 08:32:29 EDT 2010

Quadro drivers tend to come with optimizations for commercial applications
like AutoCAD. VTK/ParaView just make standard GL calls so you won't gain
anything by using a similarly configured Quadro over a GeForce card. On the
other hand, Quadro's tend to have faster GPUs and more memory. If you don't
need lots of GPU memory, GeForce cards in general offer a pretty good
cost/performance tradeoff.