[Paraview] Advice on graphics cards

Kumar, Shree shreekumar at hp.com
Wed Sep 1 02:23:02 EDT 2010

Yes, there are ways to "spoof" monitors on nvidia cards. I have used two of them,

a. Get an EDID file of a display device and use that in the config file (see attached file xorg-forced-monitor-EDID.conf for an example).

b. Use a modeline (see attached file xorg-forced-monitor-modeline.conf for an example).

The config files use more options than necessary - but that's because they are auto-generated.

For documentation on the options, refer to /usr/share/doc/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0/README.txt

HTH
-- Shree