[Paraview] python plugin custom dialog causes paraview to hang

m.c.wilkins at massey.ac.nz m.c.wilkins at massey.ac.nz
Sun Oct 17 19:51:33 EDT 2010

Hi,

> happens in the same thread.  The fix is either to comment out the processEvents
> call in pqPythonShell.cxx, or release the lock before calling processEvents and
> then reacquire it afterward.

When I get my compilation working, I would like to test this.  Is this
something like what I need?

PyGILState_Release(state);
QCoreApplication::processEvents(QEventLoop::ExcludeUserInputEvents);
PyGILState_STATE state = PyGILState_Ensure();

However, where do I get hold of the current 'state'?

Would it be possible for you to submit a patch so this is fixed for
all?

Thanks

Matt