[Paraview] modpython:25: DeprecationWarning: integer argument expected, got float

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Thu Oct 14 12:10:42 EDT 2010

This problem should be fixed with the git-master following recent
changes in the wrapping code. In any case that warning is harmless. In
the old implementation of the wrapping code for Append looks something
as follows:

static PyObject *PyvtkInformation_Append(PyObject *self, PyObject *args)
{
  /* handle an occurrence */
  {
  vtkInformation *op;
  vtkInformationIntegerVectorKey  *temp0;
  PyObject *tempH0;
  int      temp1;
  op = (vtkInformation *)PyArg_VTKParseTuple(self, args, (char*)"Oi",
&tempH0, &temp1);  // WARNING_PRODUCER
  if (op)
    {
    temp0 = (vtkInformationIntegerVectorKey
*)vtkPythonGetPointerFromObject(tempH0,(char*)"vtkInformationIntegerVectorKey");
    if (!temp0 && tempH0 != Py_None) goto break38;
    }
  }
break38
  /* handle an occurrence */
  {
  vtkInformation *op;

  vtkInformationDoubleVectorKey  *temp0;
  PyObject *tempH0;
  double   temp1;
  PyErr_Clear();
  op = (vtkInformation *)PyArg_VTKParseTuple(self, args, (char*)"Od",
&tempH0, &temp1);
  if (op)
    {
    temp0 = (vtkInformationDoubleVectorKey
*)vtkPythonGetPointerFromObject(tempH0,(char*)"vtkInformationDoubleVectorKey");
    }
  }
}

It was reading the int/double argument first and then testing the type
of the key. Since the vtkInformationIntegerVectorKey was checked
before the vtkInformationDoubleVectorKey, the warning was produced by
the line maked WARNING_PRODUCER.

The new wrapping code checks the type of the key first and hence won't
produce the same warning.

Utkarsh