[Paraview] XY-Plot: Drag force of a body summed along its flow length

Bastil2001 at yahoo.de Bastil2001 at yahoo.de
Tue Nov 23 15:52:50 EST 2010

Hi all,

I want to create a XY-Plot of a body, e.g. a sphere where the x-axis is
the length parallel to the flow direction (for a sphere from 0 to
diameter) and y is the summed drag on the body. At x=sphere diameter I
will get the drag of the complete spare on y.

The question is how to do it. I have tools to get the dragforce as a
scalar into paraview. I need to clip the body and sum the forces over
the clipped body. This must be done several times to get a continuos
line-plot. The summed values and the corresponding position has to be
stored somewhere to create the lineplot finally. Ideas?

Thanks Bastian