[Paraview] display thrid dimension of nc file

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 07:45:06 EST 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 5:10 AM, Xian Sperber
<xian2paraview at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> As a newbie I have some problems to display the third dimension in paraview.
> I have opened a nc file which displays nicely although only in 2D. The third
> dimension is shown in the Object Inspector under variable but I don't know
> how to display it.
> Can somebody point me in the right direction, please.
>
> xian

What is an "nc" file?

If you click the "split window" button, you can then choose "3D
window". Then when you make the data visible in that window it will be
3d.

Would anyone agree to a feature request of having the option of
changing the window type, exactly so you can open this type of file
and then just click "3d" without having to open a new window and close
the old one?

David