[Paraview] Open a bit image with Paraview

samer at icp.uni-stuttgart.de samer at icp.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Jun 30 18:16:31 EDT 2010

Hello guys,

I have a binary image that consists of bits, every bit indicates to a
pixel (or voxel) in my 3D image. The file is nothing special, it's simply
a contiguous file format I write as an output in a C++ program, I mean
it's not HDF or something common.
Is it possible to view this image in Paraview without being converted to
byte for every pixel? I mean is there a way that I could write an XML or
XDMF script that tells paraview how to view it?
I succeeded in viewing the image, but after converting every bit to a
byte, which means that the image is now 8 times bigger in size! this is
not effective at all I guess.

I would appreciate an example very much.

Thank you

Regards,
Samer