[Paraview] Graphic window disappears using: pvpython sphere.py

pat marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Wed Jun 30 14:48:11 EDT 2010

Unfortunately, pvpython does not support render window interaction.  But you
can make it work with a extra scripting:

from paraview.simple import *

# Create a view
view = CreateRenderView()

# Initialize a new interactor
from libvtkRenderingPython import *
iren = vtkRenderWindowInteractor()
iren.SetInteractorStyle(vtkInteractorStyleTrackball())
iren.SetRenderWindow(view.GetRenderWindow())
iren.Initialize()

# Build pipeline
Sphere()
Show()
Render()

# Start interaction
iren.Start()

In interactive pvpython, you can go to the window and hit 'q' to give focus
back to the command line, then call iren.Start() again to give focus back to
the window.

Pat