[Paraview] crashes in loading vtu in pvserver/client mode

Philippe David pdavid at scconsultants.com
Tue Jun 29 03:38:04 EDT 2010

Hello ,

for many versions we faced regular crashes when loading a vtu in
client/server mode. The same problem remains with V3.8.0

error message from putty(openSSH terminal)

Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
Password:
Listen on port: 11111
                      Waiting for client...
                                           Client connected.
                                                            ERROR: In
/home/kitware/ParaView3/Utilities/BuildScripts/ParaView-3.6/ParaView3/VTK/IO/vtkXMLDataReader.cxx,
line 544
                 vtkXMLUnstructuredGridReader (0xb0d4f0): Cannot read
cell data array "EpsXX(1/s)" from PointData in piece 0.  The data array
in the element may be too short.

1/ generally, the problem occurs on vectors data
2/ the vtu loading works fine when loading locally
3/ the same problem occurs whith differents pvservers installations
4/ the server is a linux based and we use the pre-compiled versions from
http://www.paraview.org

thanks for any support in this critical issue for us.

--
Philippe DAVID
Sciences Computers Consultants