[Paraview] "Rescale to Data Range" fails

kenichiro yoshimi rccm.kyoshimi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 22:20:07 EDT 2010

I find the following lines in the ParaView3.8.0.ini:
  <Property name=\"VectorComponent\" id=\"449.VectorComponent\"
number_of_elements=\"1\">\n
    <Element index=\"0\" value=\"4\"/>\n
    <Domain name=\"range\" id=\"449.VectorComponent.range\">\n
      <Min index=\"0\" value=\"0\"/>\n
      <Max index=\"0\" value=\"0\"/>\n
    </Domain>\n
  </Property>\n
I change the following and the problem goes away.
  <Element index=\"0\" value=\"4\"/>\n
----->
  <Element index=\"0\" value=\"0\"/>\n

Please try steps to reproduce the problem:
 1. Sources -> Sphere -> Apply
 2. Object Inspector: Display: Color by: Normals: Z
 3. Edit Color Map -> Make Default -> Close
 4. File -> Exit
After that, "Rescale to Data Range" doesn't work with scalar data.

yoshimi

2010/6/29 Moreland, Kenneth <kmorel at sandia.gov>:
> WAIT! WAIT!  Once you find your config file, please send us a copy before
> you delete it.  That way we can take a look and try to figure out what went
> wrong.
>
> -Ken
>

> On 6/28/10 7:42 AM, "Andy Bauer" <andy.bauer at kitware.com> wrote:
>
> The -dr option is to disable the registry.  It is used to store default
> settings which on my ubuntu machine gets stored in the ~/.config/ParaView/
> directory.  If you rename/remove the files in that directory the problem
> should go away (those files will be regenerated the next time you run
> paraview without the -dr flag).  Let me know if that doesn't work.
>
> Andy
>
> On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 10:15 PM, kenichiro yoshimi
> <rccm.kyoshimi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> When starting with the "-dr" option, the problem disappears. Could you
> tell me how to run without the option "-dr"?

>>> yoshimi