[Paraview] How to compile and use ParaView 3.8.0 on Windows XP

bassaidai bassaidai0 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 03:25:33 EDT 2010

Hi Ken, hi all.
I read http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView:Build_And_Install#Build_ParaViewbut
I need more information about compiling and using ParView 3.8.0 on a
workstation with windows XP and a single GPU shared amongst the cores:

1) should I install Qt >= 4.5.0? How can I compile it?

2) should I install MS-MPI? where can I find it?

3) on linux I use a command similar to: "mpirun -np 2 pvserver --display:
0.0 --use-offscreen-rendering" to run pvserver in parallel, but on windows I
have these questions:
   - how can I run pvserver in parallel?
   - how can I/should I specify to share the single GPU amongst the cores?
on linux I use the paramenter "--display: 0.0" as explained in:
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Setting_up_a_ParaView_Server#Sharing_GPUs_Amongst_Processes

Thank you very much