[Paraview] exporting VRML files with python script

Yann-Hervé Hellouvry yannherve.hellouvry at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 08:14:16 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I am a new user of Paraview and I'm quite interested in using Python script
for Paraview

My goal is to import VTK series files, apply a contour to all of them and
finally export the contours in VRML format. This is my first script :

#--------------------------------------------------
from paraview.simple import *

reader = servermanager.sources.LegacyVTKReader()
reader.FileNames = [ "/.../1.vtk" , "/.../2.vtk" ]
reader.UpdatePipeline()

SetActiveSource(reader)

aContour = Contour(Input = reader)
aContour.ContourBy = "alpha1"
aContour.Isosurfaces = [0.5]

Show(aContour)
Render()

#from this point it doesn't work
exporters = servermanager.createModule("exporters")
VRMLExporter = servermanager.exporters.VRMLExporter( ? , FileName=
"/.../output_1.vrml ")

Can anyone help me, I'm totally lost with the export part ? (but if you see
others problems please tell me!)

Regards,

Yann