[Paraview] Fail to build pqApplicationComponents in ParaView3.8.0 on Windows764bit MSVC2010

Robert Maynard robert.maynard at kitware.com
Wed Jun 9 17:00:12 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have tracked down the problem to be an issue with CMake and Windows 7
which you can track at http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=10808. A
workaround is to explicitly set CMake and Visual Studio to run as
administrator. If you choose to use this work around you will need to delete
your ParaView build directory.

To explicitly set an application to run as administrator:

   1. Right-click the application, and then click Properties
   2. Click the Compatibility tab
   3. Check Run this program as an administrator

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 3:31 PM, Dr. X <xunlei at renci.org> wrote:

>  Thanks a lot, Rob.
>
> On 6/8/2010 3:25 PM, Robert Maynard wrote:
>

>    - Are you running CMake as an Administrator or Standard User
>
>  A: Administrator
>

>    - What Version of Visual Studio are you using ( Express / Premium /
>    Ultimate / Pro )
>
>  A: MSVC2010 Ultimate. I have a lot of compilation problems, e.g.
> redefinition in ws2def.h and winsock2.h, when I use MSVC2008, even after
> uninstalling and reinstalling MSVC2008 and Microsoft SDK7.1 twice. Thus I
> was quite skeptical what gonna happen with MSVC2010. It turned out I went a
> lot further with MSVC2010.
>
> Please let me know what else you need.
>
> Best,

>  On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 2:15 PM, Dr. X <xunlei at renci.org> wrote:
>
>>  Hi Robert,
>> Here you go. Thanks a lot.
>>
>> Best,
>>

>> On 6/8/2010 1:22 PM, Robert Maynard wrote:
>>
>> Would you be able to provide the CMakeCache.txt from the build folder?
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Dr. X <xunlei at renci.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>> I have following errors on project "pqApplicationComponents".
>>>
>>> Error    21    error C1083: Cannot open include file:
>>> 'ui_pqLinksManager.h': No such file or directory
>>>  D:\ParaView\Qt\Components\pqLinksManager.h    38    pqApplicationComponents
>>> Error    30    error C1083: Cannot open include file:
>>> 'ui_pqMultiViewFrameMenu.h': No such file or directory
>>>  D:\ParaView\Qt\Components\pqMultiViewFrame.h    38
>>>  pqApplicationComponents
>>> Error    29    error C1083: Cannot open include file:
>>> 'ui_pqPluginDialog.h': No such file or directory
>>>  D:\ParaView\Qt\Components\pqPluginDialog.h    39    pqApplicationComponents
>>> Error    8    error C3861: 'mkdir': identifier not found
>>>  D:\ParaView\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\ppRawStridedReader2.cxx    113
>>>  ppRawStridedReader2
>>>
>>> It seems like the Qt .ui files are not added into the project. Could you
>>> please help?
>>> Thanks a lot.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> x