[Paraview] AMR and .VTM

Mohammad Mirzadeh mirzadeh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 15:47:57 EDT 2010

Dear all,

I had a rather quick  question. I am working with adaptive meshes and would
like to import them into paraview. So far I have been able to that with
unstructured datasets and .vtk files. The problem is that whenever I use
slice filter to see a cross-section of mesh, it triangulates the dataset and
I see triangles instead of blocks (I'm using Cartesian AMR). I was wondering
if this can be solved by using multiblock datasets and .vtm format. If so,
can anyone please lead me to a good tutorial on .vtm format? It seems I
cannot find a good one.

Thanks,
Mohammad

Graduate Research Assistant,
Mechanical Eng. Dept.,
University of California, Santa Barbara,