[Paraview] MinGW experience?

Fred Fred stan1313 at hotmail.fr
Thu Jun 3 04:26:05 EDT 2010

Hello,
Did anybody try to compile PV with MinGW?
I already spent a couple of hours trying to cope with this error, without any success.
It seems that the required option "--enable-auto-import" is not forwarded to the linker, although I put it everywhere that makes sense in the cmake configuration file.
I don't know is this is a PV, a CMake or a MinGW issue.
Any help?

[ 79%] Built target QtChart
Linking CXX shared library ..\..\bin\libvtkPVServerManager.dll
Info: resolving vtable for vtkProcessModuleGUIHelperby linking to __imp___ZTV25vtkProcessModuleGUIHelper (auto-import)
Info: resolving vtable for vtkPVRenderViewProxyby linking to __imp___ZTV20vtkPVRenderViewProxy (auto-import)
Creating library file: ..\..\bin\libvtkPVServerManager.dll.a
C:\Developpement\MinGV\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: warning: auto-importing has been activated without --enable-auto-import specified on the command line.
This should work unless it involves constant data structures referencing symbols from auto-imported DLLs.
CMakeFiles\vtkPVServerManager.dir\vtkSMAnimationSceneImageWriter.obj:vtkSMAnimationSceneImageWriter.cxx:(.text+0x1c83): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12vtkAVIWriter3NewEv'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
mingw32-make[2]: *** [bin/libvtkPVServerManager.dll] Error 1
mingw32-make[1]: *** [Servers/ServerManager/CMakeFiles/vtkPVServerManager.dir/all] Error 2
mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2