[Paraview] Displaying strong discontinuities/XFEM

nhodge at me.berkeley.edu nhodge at me.berkeley.edu
Fri Jul 9 10:20:36 EDT 2010

Berk:

On Fri, 9 Jul 2010, Berk Geveci wrote:

> I am afraid that the old school solution is the only out-of-box solution. If you are willing to
> spend some quality programming time with VTK, there are folks on this and VTK lists that can
> help you with implementing your own cell types. It is a non-trivial task though.

Normally, this is the kind of project that I am happy to take on.
However, as I am working on the last phase of my research, as well as
writing my dissertation, it's not something that I really have time for
right now.

I figured out how to convert my XFEM data (non-standard interpolation
functions) to DG data ("regular" elements where the discontinuity lies
along the inter-element boundary), which appears to display my results
just as I expect.  Thanks for the response!

Cheers,

Neil

Neil Hodge
Ph.D. Candidate