[Paraview] Writer with 2 inputs

Christian Werner christian.werner at rwth-aachen.de
Sun Apr 25 05:23:42 EDT 2010

Hello!

I have a writer plugin that takes 2 inputs, both vtkImageData. When I
use it in Python, everything is fine, I can set the "Input" and the
"MaskImage" explicitly to provide the two inputs. However, when I am
using the "Save Data" dialog and choose my writer, it won't set the
required input for port 0 (the Mask Image):

"Input port 0 of algorithm vtkMeasureMark(0x7780070) has 0 connections
but is not optional."

I have attached the ServerManagerXML and an image that shows the dialog
that appear with that xml. The MaskImage is not choosable.

Is there any way to realize this? I tried renaming the inputs to
"Input1" and "Input2", but then the Filter isn't listed anymore, because
obviously Paraview is looking for a "Input" property when calling a
writer...

Best regards,
Christian