[Paraview] Resample with Dataset (vtkValidPointMask)

Luca.Clementi at tororosso.com Luca.Clementi at tororosso.com
Wed Apr 21 09:49:39 EDT 2010

Dear all,
I have two CVS files with ~500000 3d point with a scalar value.
I load them in paraview then I use Table To points to have a polygonal
mesh.

I then use the resample with dataset so that in the next step I can do a
with the a programmable filter.

The problem I have is that looking at the vtkValidPointMask after I run the
probe filter I have almost ~400000 points which are set to 0 (aka they are
invalid).

Why is that? How can I reduce that number?

My two data set are the results of a very dense point sample taken on the
same boundary surface.

Sincerely,
Luca