[Paraview] Python Programmable Filter

Favre Jean jfavre at cscs.ch
Mon Apr 19 10:05:22 EDT 2010

Hello

Can one write a Python Programmable Filter with multiple outputs?

I tried the obvious self.SetNumberOfOutputPorts(2), which complained, and in any case, I wonder how it would interact with the GUI option which defines the output Data Set Type. Since there is a single option, I guess I wouldn't be able to define two different ports with different types.

Another output option would be a CompositeDataSet with 2 datasets, but it seems the GUI does not let me define the output type to be vtkCompositeDataSet?

Am I forced to go back to a C++ filter?