[Paraview] Python state trace w/glyphs not working

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Thu Apr 15 15:17:54 EDT 2010

Hey all,

I haven't been using the python trace or state trace much lately, but I just noticed a problem that shows up both on the Ubuntu 64-bit 3.8 RC1 binary and CVS PV 3.9 on OS X, so it might be pretty general. If I do:

PointSource: 100 pts, rad 10
Glyph: Sphere (the rest default)

and do a Trace State, the beginning of the trace looks like this:

WARNING: Missing dependencies, could not register proxies: [<paraview.servermanager.Glyph object at 0x12910d490>]
WARNING: Missing dependencies, could not register proxies: [<paraview.servermanager.GeometryRepresentation object at 0x12913ead0>]
try: paraview.simple
except: from paraview.simple import *
Glyph1 = GetActiveSource()
DataRepresentation2 = GetDisplayProperties(Glyph1)
RenderView1 = CreateRenderView()
RenderView1.LightSpecularColor = [1.0, 1.0, 1.0]
[...]

So I can't do a state trace that includes a glyph filter. Sorry I haven't investigated more to see how widespread a problem it is, or if it's only with Glyph.

Thanks,
-Eric