[Paraview] Plotting an isosurface at two different density values from a standard gaussian CUBE file

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Thu Apr 8 11:10:01 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Simon Su <newsgroup4ssu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am very new to CUBE data format. If I have a standard gaussian cube file
> which contains information of lattices, position of atoms and a
> spin-density. How can I plot iso surfaces at density value =0.008 and
> -0.008?
>
> Thank you,
> Simon
>
> Hi,

You can load the cube file, apply, select gridded data in the pipeline
browser, then go to filters, common, contour and specify the value ranges in
the properties isosurfaces pane. Then click apply and you will see the
isosurfaces. You can also glyph the Output in the pipeline browser to see
the atoms.

I hope this gets you started - there is lots more that you can do in
ParaView with the data.

Marcus
--
Marcus D. Hanwell, Ph.D.