[Paraview] Building a distributable development tree

Ben Medina ben.medina at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 19:51:10 EDT 2010

Hello all,

I've been trying to generate a development tree of ParaView (based on
CVS head as of a few hours ago) that I can distribute to other
in-house developers so that they don't have to build ParaView
themselves. I've been following the instructions here:
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView:Build_And_Install#Install_ParaView

I have set the CMake variables as described (with
PARAVIEW_BUILD_QT_GUI OFF). Building and packaging works correctly,
but the resultant tarball (built via cpack -G TGZ --config
{ParaViewBuildDir}/Servers/Executables/CPackParaViewServersConfig.cmake)
contains only lib and bin directories; there is no include directory,
nor a ParaViewConfig.cmake file.

make install seems more promising, as I do end up with a more complete
tree. However, the install fails with the following error:
CMake Error at Documentation/cmake_install.cmake:36 (FILE):
  file INSTALL cannot find
  "/home/ben/3rdpartylibs/paraview/3.7b/unpacked-download-directory/linuxg29x64.26/Documentation/paraview.qch".
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake_install.cmake:95 (INCLUDE)

Can anyone tell what's going wrong?

Thanks,