[Paraview] Branded plugin libraries packaging

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Thu Apr 1 14:37:22 EDT 2010

Hey folks,

A more general branded app packaging question:

Is there any automatic mechanism in place to package plugin libraries with our branded apps? Right now I have a list of EXTRA_DEPENDENCIES in my build_paraview_client() section, and I build my plugins into my MainWindow class using the PV_PLUGIN_IMPORT macro stuff. But, for packaging I have written extra INSTALL rules for all of the plugin libraries in a platform-specific way like:

IF (APPLE)
  INSTALL(FILES
          ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/../CellGlyphPlugin/libCellGlyphPlugin.dylib
         DESTINATION ${PV_INSTALL_LIB_DIR}
         COMPONENT BrandedRuntime)
ENDIF (APPLE)
IF(WIN32 AND NOT UNIX)
  INSTALL(FILES
          ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/../CellGlyphPlugin/Release/CellGlyphPlugin.dll
         DESTINATION ${PV_INSTALL_LIB_DIR}
         COMPONENT BrandedRuntime)
ENDIF(WIN32 AND NOT UNIX)

Since the system knows which libraries are needed and where they are for linking, is there any way it can know for installation/packaging, too?

If not, that's fine, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing it the manual way if a more automatic solution was in place.

Thanks,
-Eric