[Paraview] Streamlines error - "Coincident points..."

Joseph G. schoschuu at web.de
Tue Sep 29 06:53:29 EDT 2009

Thanks for helping the last time, the data is working now. Almost.

I've got a *.pvtr grid with the velocity vector defined at each point. By computing the steam traces i get this message:

"Process id: xyz >> Generic Warning: In /work/home0/dolescha/src/ParaView3/VTK/Filtering/vtkPolyLine.cxx, line 196
Coincident points in polyline...can't compute normals"

But still ParaView draws the streamlines.

I thought of a connection to the coincident points at the borders of subdomains, but it seems that ghostlevel -1 is not allowed. So do I have to change the definition of velocity at the cells instead of points? Or is the source of the problem something different?

There seemed to be a similar problem with the subject "[Paraview] Stream tracing" - but unfortunately no (public) solution.

Joseph Goldmann