[Paraview] Problems with user defined filter

young_jh123 young_jh123 at qq.com
Wed Sep 23 21:59:52 EDT 2009

Thank you for your advice.I find it was the input problem,but I got a  new one.When I run my filter ,I got an error:Cell array cell types with 1 components, has only 18 tuples but there are 180 cells .

The below is how  my RequestData() write.I am sorry to type long boring code . I have tried to settle it by myself,but it seems a long time job. I write the filter almost follow the source code vtkAppendFilter .I make my own code bold-faced.I just want to add some lines to the input dataset. I know I should add the cell data when I insert the line cells,but I don't know how to add.

code:
//get the output info object
vtkInformation *outInfo= outputVector->GetInformationObject(0);
//get the output
vtkUnstructuredGrid* output = vtkUnstructuredGrid::SafeDownCast(outInfo->Get(vtkDataObject::DATA_OBJECT()));
vtkIdType numPts,numCells,ptOffset;
int tenth,count,abort = 0;
float decimal;
vtkPoints *newPts;
vtkPointData *pd;
vtkCellData *cd;
vtkIdList *ptIds,*newPtIds;
int idx;
vtkDataSet *ds;
vtkIdType ptId,cellId,newCellId;
vtkPointData *outputPD=output->GetPointData();
vtkCellData *outPutCD = output ->GetCellData();
vtkDebugMacro(<<"Appending data together");
count = 0 ;
decimal = 0 ;
numPts = 0;
numCells = 0;
int numInputs = inputVector[0]->GetNumberOfInformationObjects();
vtkDataSetAttributes::FieldList ptList(numInputs);
vtkDataSetAttributes::FieldList cellList(numInputs);
int firstPD = 1;
int firstCD = 1;
vtkInformation *inInfo = 0;
for(idx = 0;idx<numInputs;++idx)
{
inInfo = inputVector[0]->GetInformationObject(idx);
ds = 0;
if(inInfo)
{
ds  = vtkDataSet::SafeDownCast(inInfo->Get(vtkDataObject::DATA_OBJECT()));
}
if(ds!=NULL)
{
{
if(ds->GetNumberOfPoints()<=0&&ds->GetNumberOfCells()<=0)
continue;
}
numPts +=ds->GetNumberOfPoints();
numCells+=ds->GetNumberOfCells();
pd = ds->GetPointData();
if(firstPD)
{
ptList.InitializeFieldList(pd);
firstPD = 0;
}
else ptList.IntersectFieldList(pd);
cd = ds->GetCellData();
if(firstCD)
{
cellList.InitializeFieldList(cd);
firstCD = 0;
}
else cellList.IntersectFieldList(cd);
}//if non-empty dataset
}//for all inputs
if(numPts<1)
{
vtkDebugMacro(<<"No data to append!");
return 1;
}
//

int numRays;
vector<WaveRay*> rayVector;
numRays = IcosahedronModel::GenerateRays(&rayVector,TF);

//now can allocate
output->Allocate(numCells+numRays);
outputPD->CopyGlobalIdsOn();
outputPD->CopyAllocate(ptList,numPts);
outPutCD->CopyGlobalIdsOn();
outPutCD->CopyAllocate(cellList,numCells);
newPts = vtkPoints::New();
newPts->SetNumberOfPoints(numPts+2*numRays);
ptIds = vtkIdList::New();ptIds->Allocate(VTK_CELL_SIZE);
newPtIds = vtkIdList::New();newPtIds->Allocate(VTK_CELL_SIZE);
//append each input dataset together
tenth = (numPts+numCells)/10+1;
ptOffset = 0;
int inputCount = 0;
for(idx = 0;idx <numInputs&&!abort;++idx)
{
inInfo = inputVector[0]->GetInformationObject(idx);
ds = 0;
if(inInfo)
{
ds = vtkDataSet::SafeDownCast(inInfo->Get(vtkDataObject::DATA_OBJECT()));
}
if(ds!=NULL&&(ds->GetNumberOfCells()>0||ds->GetNumberOfPoints()>0))
{
numPts = ds->GetNumberOfPoints();
numCells = ds->GetNumberOfCells();
pd = ds->GetPointData();
for(ptId = 0;ptId<numPts&&!abort;ptId++)
{
newPts->SetPoint(ptId+ptOffset,ds->GetPoint(ptId));
outputPD->CopyData(ptList,pd,inputCount,ptId,ptId+ptOffset);
//Update progress
count++;
if(!(count%tenth))
{
decimal+=0.1;
this->UpdateProgress(decimal);
abort= this->GetAbortExecute();
}
}
cd = ds->GetCellData();
for(cellId = 0;cellId<numCells&&!abort;cellId++)
{
ds->GetCellPoints(cellId,ptIds);
newPtIds->Reset();
for(int i =0;i<ptIds->GetNumberOfIds();i++)
{
newPtIds->InsertId(i,ptIds->GetId(i)+ptOffset);
}
newCellId = output->InsertNextCell(ds->GetCellType(cellId),newPtIds);
outPutCD->CopyData(cellList,cd,inputCount,cellId,newCellId);
//Update progress
count++;
if(!(count%tenth))
{
decimal+=0.1;
this->UpdateProgress(decimal);
abort = this->GetAbortExecute();
}
}
ptOffset+=numPts;
++inputCount;
}
}
//Add lines to the input dataset
vtkLine* line;
for(idx = 0;idx<numRays;++idx)
{
//newPts->InsertNextPoint(();
//newPts->InsertNextPoint();
newPts->SetPoint(ptOffset++,((WaveRay*)rayVector[idx])->GetPosition());
newPts->SetPoint(ptOffset++,((WaveRay*)rayVector[idx])->GetLinePosition(2));
line = vtkLine::New();
line->GetPointIds()->SetId(0,ptOffset-2);
line->GetPointIds()->SetId(1,ptOffset-1);
output->InsertNextCell(line->GetCellType(),line->GetPointIds());
//I know I should add cell data attributes,but how?

line->Delete();
}

//Update ourselves and release memory

output->SetPoints(newPts);