[Paraview] Scene Graph.

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Sep 17 18:23:34 EDT 2009

There is no real scene graph, per se.  For each view, ParaView has a representation object, implemented as a subclass of vtkSMRepresentationProxy, for each pipeline object that manages how that data is drawn in the view.  One of the parameters is always whether the object is visible (drawn or not).

I suppose you could think of this as a special type of scene graph that is a 1 level deep hierarchy, but that is besides the point.  There is no connection between objects or explicit traversal.  No object should affect the rendering or placement of any other object.

-Ken