[Paraview] A simple legacy VTK File

Panagiotis Foteinos pafotein at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 16:46:06 EDT 2009

Hello all.

I am trying to display a simple tetrahedral unstructured grid using
Paraview. Strangely, Paraview ignores a point of the grid which is both
defined in the POINTS section and used as a vertex by all the
tetrahedra/cells.

Attached, you will find the vtk file that Paraview fails to display
correctly.

This file contains 9 points: the 8 vertices of a cube plus the cube's center
point (1.5, 1.5, 1,5) which has a vtkIdType equal to 8 (see the file). Also,
all the cells in the file are connected to the vtkIdType 8. When I load this
file with Paraview, the cube's center (the point with vtkIdType equal to 8)
is missing.

Can anybody know what's happening? Isn't the file correct?

Regards,
Panagiotis