[Paraview] Color textured object using colormap?

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Tue Sep 8 11:35:29 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am wondering whether it is possible in PV to use a grayscale texture
on an object, and then also color the object using a colormap?

What I would like to be able to do is to Glyph using a custom source
which has a texture map applied, and then also color those glyphs
according to a scalar value in the data which is being glyphed.

So far I can only see the texture applied to my glyphs if I have the
"Color by" setting on Solid Color -- any other settings, such as
coloring by the Ids of a point cloud which is being glyphed, revert
back to non-textured geometry.

Just to be clear, I don't really need each face of my textured object
to have separate colors, I just want each textured object to have a
single solid color in addition to my grayscale texture, but have that
single solid color defined by looking up a scalar value in a color map.

Thanks,
-Eric