[Paraview] paraview and vrpn

Alin M Elena alin.elena at ichec.ie
Fri Sep 4 14:00:11 EDT 2009

Hi Berk and Andres,

Thank you very much for you answer.
I did myself some research about and found out that in the past was a proposal
for vtkVRPN by a French group from CEA. The library can still be downloaded
from vtk mailing list.
I have contacted already one of the authors to see its the status. Last year
was presented another VR framework based on vtkVRPN
http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1450598&dl=GUIDE&coll=GUIDE&CFID=50234741&CFTOKEN=41046885

Once integrated in vtk should not be impossible to be added to the paraview.
Here we are enthusiast contributing code. We just do not want to duplicate
efforts or try to rediscover the wheel.

regards,

Alin

  Without Questions there are no Answers!
  Mr  Alin M ELENA
  Irish Centre for High-End Computing -- www.ichec.ie
  The Design Tower, Trinity Technology & Enterprise Campus
  Grand Canal Quay,  Dublin 2, Ireland
  Tel:   +353 (0) 1 5241608 ext 29
  Fax: +353 (0) 1 7645845
  http://alin.elenaworld.net