[Paraview] Object size in screenshots

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 13:36:20 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Moreland, Kenneth <kmorel at sandia.gov> wrote:

>  For the glyph filter, you want to use the sphere glyph and turn all
> scaling off.  One problem you might run into is that the glyph filter will
> place glyphs on all points in your mesh regardless of what type of cell is
> on it (0, 1, or 2D).
>
> I think the warnings you are getting with the tube filter happen when you
> have large bends in the tube.  If the output looks OK, you should be able to
> ignore them.
>
> -Ken

1) When I set the glyph filter to sphere, it is placing spheres only at the
20 points on the "grid" in that file, not at the vertex where all the lines
meet. There are 21 points in the file - so I would expect it to put a sphere
at all 21 points. That is what I was trying to explain last time, it seems
to be glyphing Vectors: Normals, not points. I can't change the "Vectors"
drop down box to anything except "Normals", and the scalars drop down box is
disabled. When I turned "Scale mode" to "off" as you recommended, the 21st
sphere showed up - but doesn't it still seem odd that you have to set it to
glyph normals even though you want to glyph points?

2) I guess I forgot to mention that the tube filter does not produce any
output, in fact my render window is completely empty after applying the
filter. So I guess I should not ignore the errors in this case haha!

Thanks,

David