[Paraview] Object size in screenshots

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Fri Sep 4 11:37:41 EDT 2009

The issue is that the points and lines sizes are measured in pixels, so the relative size goes down when you increase screen resolution.  One easy way around this is to covert the points/lines into 3D objects.  Points can become spheres with the glyph filter and lines can become tubes with the tube filter.  I believe the point sprite plugin can also efficiently render points as spheres with radii defined in world space.  I have seen an example of plugin that can render lines as tubes directly (at least with correct lighting), but I don't know where to (or if you can) get it.

-Ken