[Paraview] more GUI problems

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Wed Sep 2 16:52:06 EDT 2009

Apart from the line edit display trash, where I seem to be completely
alone, I noticed two more problems with the GUI in the (relatively)
recent CVS:

1) 'paste' does not work properly, either with middle mouse button, ctrl
+v or right mouse + paste. Ubuntu 9.04, Gnome. It does paste something,
but certainly not the current content of the (either) clipboards.

2) clicking '?' button on the left panel opens help window, but the
colors are totally hardcoded and do not obey either Gnome font colors or
Qtconfig specs. I see white text on pale background so my guess it text
color is respected, background ignored (I use bright on dark system/QT
schemes).

3) numerous data analysis filters assume dark on bright and generate
unreadable plots with my color scheme.

And yes, the broken tooltip colors once reported by me are now
(silently) repaired (even though my claim on the bug tracker was
rejected).

If anyone confirms similar problems I can file a bug.

best regards,
Dominik

--
d o m i n i k   s z c z e r b a ,   p h d . . . . . . . . . . .
c o m p u t a t i o n a l   l i f e   s c i e n c e   g r o u p