[Paraview] UI; real-time vis

Randy Heiland heiland at indiana.edu
Wed Sep 2 10:33:17 EDT 2009

Hello,

Just wanting to get a better understanding of the latest ParaView,
while considering adopting it for a project.  I'm assuming ParaView
does its UI using C++ calls to Qt, as opposed to using PyQt, is that
correct?  (if any of the developers would care to comment on the
design decisions behind that, I'd welcome that too).  And that to
create a custom UI, one does so via XML?  Any changes on the horizon?

Are there examples uses of ParaView for real-time vis?  Any examples
that do computational steering?  Not necessarily for parallel apps,
just serial.

thanks, Randy