[Paraview] problems compiling paraview

Natalie Happenhofer nataliehapp at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 2 09:39:27 EDT 2009

Hi everybody,
I'm trying to compile ParaView 3.6 on a new system and in the build process I get the following error:

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/local/lib/libGL.so', needed by `bin/QVTKCxxTests'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [VTK/GUISupport/Qt/Testing/Cxx/CMakeFiles/QVTKCxxTests.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I thought there may be something wrong with OpenGL, but configuring I get the following (sensible) pathes:
OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR               /usr/X11R6/include
 OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY                /usr/local/lib/libGL.so
 OPENGL_glu_LIBRARY               /usr/local/lib/libGLU.so
 OPENGL_xmesa_INCLUDE_DIR         /usr/X11R6/include

Does anyone have a hint what's the problem here?

Thx,
Natalie